June 17, 2022
Agneepath Scheme 2022: On Tuesday, the government unveiled the radical and far-reaching ‘Agnipath’ scheme, dispatching defense minister Rajnath Singh and the three Service chiefs to deflect criticism that it will undermine the armed forces’ professionalism, ethos, and fighting spirit, as well as potentially lead to the militarization of civil society. The Agnipath scheme, which was approved by the PM-led cabinet committee on security, will begin recruiting 46,000 soldiers, sailors, and airmen this year on a “all-India, all-class” basis.
Agneepath Scheme Indian Army: What is Agneepath Scheme 2022?
This scheme entails a recruitment process for individuals with ranks below that of officers, with the goal of deploying fitter, younger troops on the front lines, many of whom will be on four-year contracts. It’s a game-changer that will give the Army, Navy, and Air Force a more youthful image.
Agneepath Yojana 2022: Who can apply to this scheme?
Men and women between the ages of 17.5 and 21 will be recruited for the armed forces under this scheme. “After four years, Agniveers will be able to apply voluntarily for the regular cadre. Based on merit, organization requirement, up to 25 percent shall be selected from that batch” Lt Gen Puri informed further. “We will provide an opportunity to the youth to serve the nation for a short and long duration, as Agniveers. We are giving youth a chance for both long and short duration military service,” he added.
Agneepath Scheme Eligibility
All three services will be enrolled via a centralized online system, with specific rallies and campus interviews held by recognized technical colleges such as Industrial Training Institutes and the National Skills Qualifications Framework, among others. Enrollment will be on an ‘All India All Class’ basis, with eligible ages ranging from 17.5 to 21. Agniveers will meet the medical requirements for military enlistment as they apply to their specific categories/trades. Agniveers’ educational credentials will continue to be popular for enrollment in a variety of categories, including Class 10 is the minimum educational requirement for becoming a General Duty (GD) soldier.
Agneepath Recruitment 2022: Salary Package
The first year salary package is Rs 4.76 lakh, with an increase to Rs 6.92 lakh in the fourth year. Following release, the Seva Nidhi package costs approximately Rs 11.71 lakh, including interest (tax free) There is also a Rs 48 lakh non-contributory insurance cover. If the individuals receive an Agniveer skill certificate, it will help them find post-release employment.
Agneepath Army: Terms of service
Following four years of service, 25% of Agniveers will be retained in the regular cadre based on merit, willingness, and medical fitness. They will then serve another full term of 15 years. While the remaining 75% of Agniveers will be demobilised, they will be given an exit or “Seva Nidhi” package worth Rs 11-12 lakh, which will be funded in part by their monthly contributions, as well as skill certificates and bank loans to help them in their second careers.
Agneepath Yojana 2022: Advantages of the scheme
It gives young people a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to serve their country and contribute to national development. The Armed Forces would be more youthful and vibrant. The Agniveers will receive a good monetary package as well as the opportunity to train in the best military ethos in civil society and institutions while also improving their skills and qualifications. This will result in civil society having well-disciplined and skilled youth with a military ethos.
Agneepath Recruitment 2022: Reservation For girls
Girls under the specified age limit are eligible for agnipath admission, but there is no such reservation for women under this scheme. “The Agnipath scheme is a novel concept for the modern era. An idea created in India and for the people of India. An idea that will have a positive impact on armed forces human resource management, “Admiral R Hari Kumar of the Indian Navy expressed his thoughts on the Agnipath recruitment scheme. He also stated that women will be selected through the scheme, and the Indian Navy, which currently has only female officers, will now have sailors.
Agneepath Army: Defense Budget
The defence budget for 2022-23 was Rs 5,25,166 crore, which included Rs 1,19,696 crore for defence pensions. The revenue expenditure allocation was Rs 2,33,000 crore. The revenue expenditure includes expenses for salary payment and establishment maintenance.
The three service chiefs briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the scheme two weeks ago, which would allow soldiers to be inducted into the security forces for a limited time. The Department of Military Affairs is in charge of carrying out the scheme.
WIth some Zee Inputs
By: Priya Bharti