Indian skipper Virat Kohli will be unavailable in the upcoming and exciting India tour Australia for three of the four Tests against Australia starting December 17 at the Adelaide Oval. Kohli will return after playing limited-overs series and the first Test match due to the birth of his first child.
This is going to be a big blow for the Indian team as far as the Border-Gavaskar Trophy’s concern. However, Australia will be eager to grab the chance and going to be not taking the foot off the pedal.
Australian off-spinner Nathan Lyon said, “Look at Pujara, Rahane, and they have also got a couple of young guys coming in. It is still going to be a massive challenge for us. Just because Virat Kohli is not here doesn’t mean we get to hold the trophy up. We have still got a lot of work to do, a lot of homework to do” to Fox Sports.
Last year during India tour of Australia, India beat Australia 2-1 and registered their first Test series win in Australia in 71 years. Cheteshwar Pujara, the man who emerged as Australia’s biggest roadblock. Pujara knocked 521 runs, including three centuries became the highest run-scorer of the series. Kohli was next to Pujara, with 282 runs.
Lyon said Kohli is the best batsman in the world along with a couple of more Australian players and admitted that he would miss competing against the India captain. However, Lyon has dismissed Kohli seven times in Tests and keen to be the highest wicket-taker of him.
“It is disappointing for the series. You want to play against the best players in the world. I believe he is the best player in the world along with Steve Smith and Marnus Labuschagne. It is disappointing but they have still got superstars,” Lyon added further.
Image Source: Google