As the WhatsApp chats between Rhea and Samuel had given fire to a suspicion of involvement of drugs, Narcotics control Bureau took a stand in the investigation.
NCB had filed a case against Rhea Chakraborty and reached her Mumbai residence for a raid. According to Times Now report, 5 members of the Narcotics Control Bureau seems to have reached Rhea’s residence in the morning.
Here’s a timeline of the search operation:
- 6:40 am: NCB starts raid at RHea and Showik’s residence.
- 7 am: Raid at Samuel Miranda’s home starts.
- 8:30 am: Digital device investigation started.
- 9:20 am: Samuel was arrested and taken away by NCB.
- 9:45 am: NCB summons Showik for further questioning.
- 11:20 am Showik taken away by NCB for further questioning.
- 11:21 am: KK S Malhotra told India Today that only digital evidence has been seized so far.
The NCB team accompanied by police officials raided the residence of Showik in Santa Cruz (west) area and Miranda’s house in suburban Andheri (west) area of the western metropolis from 6:30 am. A team of women were accompanied with the CBI agents and police officers.
The NCB has so far arrested two people Zaid Vilatra and Abdel Basist. The Esplanade Court on Thursday sent Zaid to NCB custody till September 9. He was arrested after NCB uncovered his linkages with Abbas Lakhani, who has also been nabbed in the actor’s death case.
However, when the WhatsApp chats about drugs were leaked, Rhea’s lawyer, advocate Satish Maneshinde had stated, “Rhea has never consumed drugs in her life ever. She’s ready for a blood test at any time.”
Image Source: Google