As per the government source for admission to IIT and medical course The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will go ahead as per the schedule. Few days before the Supreme Court dismissed a petition by students to defer the exams due to the COVID-19 crisis.
National Testing Agency (NTA) already has been issued the admit card for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), and around 6.5 lakh students of the nearly 8.6 lakh who had registered have downloaded them, the sources said.
The NEET exam has been set down in for September 13 and the JEE exam to be held between September 1 to 6 respectively.
Fresh face masks and gloves will be provided to all students, and the arrangements have been made to sanitise exam centres before and after each shift.
Total candidates who had registered for the JEE, only 120 had requested a change of cities and examination centres as per the government source.
As far as health and safety is a concern during the pandemic, the NTA had allowed JEE (Main) candidates to change the allotted centre five times. However, 99.07 per cent had been given their preferred choice of centres source said.
Similarly, students appearing for the NEET around 95,000 candidates had availed this opportunity that the option to change their centres.
And as usual, nearly 16 lakh candidates apply for NEET exam, and 99.87 per cent were given their preferred choice of cities in which to appear for the exam.
“The careers of students cannot be put under jeopardy, and life cannot be stopped. We have to move ahead with all safeguards. Are students ready to waste a whole year? Education should be opened up. Covid may continue for a year or more. Are you going to wait another year?” the Supreme Court said.
This year session has already lost which have to begin in July, and several parents have expressed similar worries, pointing out that around two months had already been dropped from the current session.
Written By SOMANATH SAHU
Image Source: Google