Actress Rhea Chakraborty has been vexed by the constant ongoing media trials and their attempt to pronounce her guilty for the death of the actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Therefore, the actress has filed a fresh plea in the Supreme Court seeking protection from it.
Her legal counsel alleged that she had been convicted by media even before a foul-play in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is established. In the appeal, it has also been cited that the actress should not be made a scapegoat to political agenda’s.
Read the excerpts from the affidavit below:
- The sad incident of the death of Sushant Singh Rajput who hailed from Bihar, unfortunately, occurred just in wake of elections in Bihar. This has led to the issue of suicide of the deceased being isolated and blown out of proportion.
- Actors Ashutosh Bhakre (32) and Sameer Sharma (44) were also reported to have committed suicide in the last 30 days and yet no whisper about the same in power corridors. In case of death of Sushant Singh Rajput, Chief Minister of Bihar is reported to be responsible for the registration of FIR in Patna.”
- The issue is blown out of proportion in Media. Media Channels are examining and cross-examining all the witnesses in the case. Petitioner is already convicted by media even before a fowl-play in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is established.
- Extreme trauma and infringement of privacy of the rights of the petitioner are caused due to constant sensationalisation of this case.
- Media had convicted accused in 2G and Talwar case in a similar fashion where each and every accused was later on found innocent by the Courts.
- An investigation into financial scams of thousands of crores by Enforcement Directorate & CBI never see the light of the day and a drop of a hat, cases get registered even without there being a jurisdiction in the foundational case.
While Rhea plea of transfer of the FIR from Bihar Police to Mumbai Police is to be held on Tuesday.
Written by Ompriya Sahoo
Image Source : Google