Army Chief said Indian Forces would ensure the status quo in Ladakh would not be changed
Army Chief General M M Naravane is on two days visit to Ladakh. On Friday while gauging the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), he said the condition is “slightly tense” due to which precautionary deployments had been taken to ensure India’s security and integrity remained safeguarded. General Naravane was speaking to news agency ANI a day after he inspected forward areas in eastern Ladakh for an operational review.
“The situation along the LAC is slightly tense. In view of this, we have taken precautionary deployments for our own safety and security, so that our integrity remains safeguarded,” General Naravane told ANI.
He also added that “I visited different places after reaching Leh. I talked to officers, JCOs and took stock of preparedness. The morale of jawans is high and they are fully prepared to deal with any challenge that may arise… I would like to reiterate that our officers are the finest in the world and will not only make the Army, proud, but also the nation.”
According to the reports on Thursday, he had visited a forward area in the Chushul sector. It was in this sector, on the south bank of Pangong Tso and at Rechin La near Rezang La, that India occupied vacant heights last weekend, giving its troops a commanding view of the terrain. From here, troops can keep an eye on China’s Moldo garrison and prevent any attempt of infiltration via the Spanggur Gap.
We are sure that through this medium of talks, we will resolve whatever difference we have. We will ensure that status quo is not changed and we are able to safeguard our interests,” he added, reported ANI.