Bhubaneswar: The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, crash everything and leads to shutting down the world. Schools have been shut down since March 2020 in INDIA.
Still, there is uncertainty regarding the school reopening going on. Although steps have been taken to unlock, there is no confirmation regarding the school reopening.
Since many organizations have started functioning parents, students and teachers are very much curious about resume to the regular schedule, and all have a common question, “when school will reopen in INDIA”.
The Indian government is planning to reopen the schools in a phased manner from September 1 and November 14, 2020, according to some media reports. However, some states are against it, and some are in support of the decision.
In the wake of the pandemic, schools were closed from the last six months, and they adopted the system of online teaching through mobile applications. Some state boards have cancelled their examination and reduce the syllabus by 30% for the next academic year.
Some states have submitted their reopening dates which will depend upon the final unlock guidelines by the central government at the end this month. However, the states have the authority to decide when they want to reopen the schools or not.
- Delhi- August
- Haryana- August 15
- Andhra Pradesh- September 5 (tentative)
- Karnataka- September 1
- Rajasthan- September
- Kerala- August 31
- Assam- September 1 (tentative)
- Bihar- August 15
- Ladakh- August 31
Strict rule to be followed in school:
- Schools will open in two shifts of three hours each and will not operate for straight 6 or 8 hours as per the previous schedule.
- First half will be from 8 to 11 am.
- The second half will be from 12 to 3 pm.
- Classrooms must be adequately sanitized in between classes.
- In the first half, only 33% of students, teachers and other staff will be present.
- Classes with a higher number of student split into two sections.
As per reports, for higher classes, the school will reopen in a phased manner from September 1, 2020. Classes 10 to 12 will open on September 1, 2020, and classes 6 to 9 may resume from September 15.
The primary and pre-primary classes will not resume for now they can continue their studies in online mode only.
Article written by SOMANATH SAHU
Image Source: Google