In the context of the spread of mutant variants of SARS-CoV-2 in several countries, the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation has issued fresh guidelines for international travelers arriving in India.
As per the report, these guidelines were issued in guidance with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as in many countries the cases of a mutant variant of SARS- CoV-2 has been a witness and will take over from previous directives issued on the subject since August 2, 2020.
According to the new guidelines –
- Submit a self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) before the scheduled travel
- Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs before undertaking the journey.
- Each passenger shall also submit a declaration concerning the authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution if found otherwise.
- Passenger should also give an undertaking on the portal or otherwise to the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, through concerned airlines before they are allowed to undertake the journey that they would abide by the decision of the appropriate government authority to undergo home quarantine/ self-monitoring of their health for 14 days, or as warranted.
- The fresh Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be valid with effect from 23.59 hours IST on February 22 till further orders.
- Arrival in India without a negative report shall be allowed only for those traveling to India in the exigency of death in the family.
- If they wish to seek such exemption they shall apply to the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before boarding. The decision taken by the government as communicated on the online portal will be final.
These rules apply to all international travelers except those coming through flights starting from the United Kingdom, Europe, and the Middle East.
Image Source -Google
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?