May 21, 2022
Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik inaugurated 3 industrial projects and performed ground-breaking of 10 projects. These diversified projects are ranging across Food processing, Tourism, Paper/Packaging, Manufacturing, and Polymers & Plastic sectors will create potential employments for over 3390 persons in the state. Some of the leading companies promoting these projects include Mayfair Hotels & Resorts Ltd, Orifood And Beverage Private Ltd, Mash Spirits Pvt Ltd, Sambalpur Biofuels Private Ltd, and more.
Congratulating the companies on this auspicious occasion, Hon’ble Chief Minister said, “Odisha is fast emerging as a major manufacturing hub in the country for sectors ranging from metal and minerals to food processing. Targeting the development of a conducive environment for industrial development, my Government has always endeavored to provide a hassle-free and prompt doing business environment for the investors in Odisha. The state’s relationship with the industries has been fruitful both in the context of economic development and also social development. One of the key reasons why Odisha was able to post a successful fight against the COVID-19 pandemic was this synergetic government- industry relationship. We were able to quickly re-purpose various industrial units to manufacture and deliver critical services during the pandemic period.”
Further he added, “As we move out of pandemic, the government’s focus on 5T philosophy viz. Transparency, Technology, Teamwork, Time, and Transformation, towards the development of the industrial sector has further strengthened. This philosophy has created an industry-led ecosystem of value addition, sustainable employment generation and revenue augmentation in the State. I would like to congratulate the Industries Department, Government of Odisha for its continuous efforts in making Odisha the “Destination of Choice” for investors.”
Speaking on the occasion Captain Dibya Shankar Mishra, Minister of Energy, Industries, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, & Home Government of Odisha said Over the last two years, we have faced enormous challenges due to pandemic and its impact over lives and livelihood but the people of Odisha have faced the challenges head on and as we come out of the pandemic, we are seeing a New Odisha, an Empowered Odisha. Despite the challenges, our Government under the leadership of Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik has ensured that the industries sector keeps functioning at its best. I am happy to inform you that this is
the 7th ground-breaking ceremony we are having since2020. It is a commendable effort by everyone involved in the process and to do it despite a global pandemic is even praiseworthy. We have ensured grounding/inauguration of projects worth over INR 30000 Crores, generating a potential employment of nearly 40,000 in the state in this time period.
The dignitaries present in the ceremony were Shri Suresh Chandra Mahapatra, Chief Secretary, Shri V K Pandian, Secretary 5T and Private Secretary to Hon’ble C.M., Shri Hemant Sharma, Principal Secretary Industries, Smt. Ranjana Chopra, IAS,Principal Secretary, MSME Department, Md Sadique Alam, Director of Industries, Odisha.
Industry veterans including Ms. Kavita Jain, Vice President and Head of Foods and Refreshment, HUL, Mr. B C Mohanty, Director, Orifood and Beverage Pvt. Ltd., Mrs Pooja Ray, Managing Director, Mayfair Hotels and Resorts Ltd., Mr. GVV Satyanarayanan, VP, Growel Feeds Pvt. Ltd. were also present through VC at the Inauguration/ Ground-breaking event.
The projects that were inaugurated:
- Manufacturing of Horlicks & Boost in association with Hindustan Unilever Ltd at Tangi, Cuttack by Orifood And Beverage Private Ltd against an investment of INR 61.15 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 220
- Resort with amusement Park at Bargarh by Entertainment Kingdom, at an investment of INR 12.62 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 30
- Corrugated boxes at Industrial Estate, Khurdha, by Dasarath Nayak Multiproducts Private Ltd against an investment of INR 3.20 crore, which will generate employment potential for over 40
The details of the projects for which ground-breaking was done are:
- A Convention Centre in Khurdha by Mayfair Hotels & Resorts Ltd against an investment of INR 300.00 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 850
- A 360 KLPD grain-based distillery plant and 5 MW Co generation Plant in Jharsuguda by Mash Spirits Pvt Ltd against an investment of INR 60 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 185 persons.
- A 5 star Hotel-cum-Luxury Resort in Puri by Pravat Hospitality Private Ltd against an investment of INR 135.69 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 350
- 125 KLPD grain based distillery plant (IMFL/ IMIL) in Mundali, Cuttack, Cuttack Agrivet Pvt Ltd, against an investment of INR 112.50 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 156
- Production of 100 KLPD Ethanol along with 0 MW Co-generation Power Plant (CPP) in Maneswar, Sambalpur, by Sambalpur Biofuels Private Ltd against an
investment of INR 103.00 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 112 people.
- A 4 star Hotel in Cuttack by Lalchand Resort Pvt Ltd against an investment of INR 77.04 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 129 people.
- A Fishmeal (Production of Surimi & Surimi Analog Products) plant in Tundara, Balasore, by Gadre Marine Export Pvt Ltd, against an investment of INR 11 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 405 people.
- Shrimp/Prawn Feed and Fish Feed Manufacturing Facility in Balasore by Growel Feeds Private Ltd against an investment of INR 82 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 700 people.
- A Steel Strapping Unit in IA Jaymangal, Khurdha by Grip Strapping Global
(P) Ltd against an investment of INR 12.50 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 68 people.
- A HDPF Pipes & PVC Pipes Mfg. Unit in IE Ramdaspur, Cuttack by MG Plasto pvt. Ltd. against an investment of INR 8.33 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 30
These diversified industries are located across various districts including Balasore, Khurdha, Bargarh among others. These projects are also spread across all categories of investments – micro, small, medium as well as large industries. Such enablement of industries aims at both fostering economic growth and generating massive employment opportunities in the state.
In the last decade, the government has brought in major reforms in the industries sector and we are witnessing the successes now. We have taken several initiatives to attract investments in sectors which provide employment to a large number of people. Our government’s commitment to the growth of manufacturing sector is unparalleled. We aim to make Odisha a manufacturing power house and I am sure we will achieve it at the earliest.
Team India is all set to play the fifth test match which was postponed last ...
Dalbir Kaur, the brave daughter of India who fought for the justice of his brother ...
Agnipath Scheme Recruitment 2022 Registration: The Air Force recently released a detailed notification that lists ...