July 13, 2022
Guru Purnima is celebrated on a full moon day or Purnima, falling in Ashadha month, as per the Hindu lunar calendar.
This year, people are celebrating the auspicious day on Wednesday, July 13. The festival is also known as ‘Vyasa Purnima’ as it marks the birth anniversary of ‘Veda Vyasa’, who is regarded as the author of Mahabharata.
This is the day to thank our teachers and mentors who have inspired us to become better versions of ourselves, for their guidance and teachings.
5 quotes from eminent Gurus:
1. Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets: Guru Nanak
2. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting: Gautam Buddha
3. Always be thankful for what you have, many people have nothing: Gautam Buddha
4. Reshape yourself through the power of your will; it is the only friend of self, and it is the only foe of the self: Maharshi Veda Vyasa
5. There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind: Buddha
According to news outlets, approximately 150 cartons of Cadbury chocolate bars worth 1.7 million were ...
A Kerala court has said that criminalising outraging a woman's modesty is not applicable to ...
In a reshuffle of its parliamentary board, the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday dropped ...