The Ministry of Defence is going to organise its 74th Independence Day Flag Hoisting Ceremony at Red Fort following pandemic guidelines.
This year maintaining the balance between the sanctity and dignity of the National function they have kept various precautions related to the COVID-19 scenario.
To facilitate movement with the least chances of crowding, seating arrangements, walkways are laid with wooden flooring and carpeting.
Additional Door frame metal detectors, with adequate spaced markings, have been provided to avoid queuing and ensure smooth passage for all the invitees.
- Parking areas have been brick-lined and paved to ensure safe entry and exit of vehicles to the maximum feasible extent.
- Members of the Guard of Honour have been quarantined to bring out safety.
- The guiding principle for seating has been “Do Gaz kiDoori” (or 6 feet between two guests seated acknowledging the event.
- Participation will be provided via invitation, and members who do not have formal invites are requested to refrain from the venue. About 4000 plus invites have been issued to officials, diplomats, members of public, media etc.
- Keeping an eye on safety, NCC Cadets have been invited to witness the event, and they will be seated at Gyanpath.
- Special advisories for following the COVID related guidelines have been issued along with each invitation card.
- Announcements in this connection will be made continuously from the commentary booth from time to time. Traffic Police advisory will also contain a special note on the matter.
- An orderly dispersal plan has been put in place for implementation through the controlling officials. In this regard, the cooperation of all invitees will be earnestly and consistently requested.
- Adequate medical booths at four locations have been assigned at 4 locations, one near the Rampart, 1 in Madhavdas Park and two on 15 August Park have been set up to cater to any attendee who is detected having any symptoms related to COVID-19 during entry. Ambulances would also acknowledge at these locations for an emergency.
- All invitees have been made mandatory to wear masks. Besides, adequate suitable masks are being kept handy for distribution at the venue. Similarly, the availability of hand sanitizers is also pre-defined to the location. Display boards are placed discreetly to attract the attention of invitees.
- Floral arrangements at Gyanpath behind the NCC Cadets have been made to enhance the visual appeal of the area.
Written By- Mousami Jena
Image courtesy: Google