The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) chaired by Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy cleared fresh investments valued at Rs 3205 crore. Together, these projects have the combined employment generation potential of 2494.
At the meeting Hemant Sharma, principal secretary (industries) outlined the proposed projects for approval.
The SLSWCA gave the go-ahead to the following seven projects:-
– MGM Minerals Limited for expansion of its project by setting up 0.125 MTPA Sponge Iron Plant, 0.6 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.25 MTPA MS Billets, 0.25 MTPA TMT & Wire Rods and 40 MW Captive Power Plant at Nimdha in Dhenkanal, with an investment of Rs 801.89 crore and thereby providing employment to about 1215 people.
– GM Iron & Steel Company Limited for expansion of its project by setting up 0.8 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.2379 MTPA DRI plant, 0.195 MTPA Billet, 0.24 MTPA Wire Rod Mill, 0.416 MTPA Slag Cement and 46 MW Captive Power Plant in Dhenkanal, with an investment of Rs 607.52 crore of capacity and providing employment opportunities for 592 people.
– Envirocare Infrasolution Pvt. Ltd for setting up Iron Ore Beneficiation plant of 3.6 MTPA capacity at Koira in Sundergarh, with a total investment of Rs 60 crores, and employing around additional 175 people.
– Hindalco Industries Limited for setting up Flue Gas Desulphurization Plant (FGD) for its existing CPP (6×150 MW) at Lapanga, Sambalpur, with an investment of Rs. 696 crore providing an additional employment opportunities for 50 people.
– Lifeline Multi-ventures Pvt. Ltd. to set up a 5-star Hotel in Bhubaneswar with a total investment of Rs. 150.38 Crore and providing employment opportunities for 240 people.
– JSW Cement Ltd. (JSW) for expansion of Cement grinding capacity from 1.2 MTPA to 2.4 MTPA at Kalinga Nagar, Duburi, Jajpur, with an investment of Rs. 489.88 crores and providing employment opportunities for 68 people.
– Jajpur Cements Pvt. Ltd. for expansion of Cement grinding capacity from 0.5 MTPA to 1.5 MTPA at Kalinga Nagar, Jajpur, with an investment Rs 400 crores and additional will provide employment opportunities for 154 people.
The Industries department is leaving no stone unturned to ensure world class infrastructure, and business environment to the investors. The Industries department will continue to extend support for the state and country’s economic growth and perform its duties to steadfast growth trajectory of Odisha. With measures such as these, Odisha looks to strengthen its position, achieve the goals and remain in the position of a leading state in the coming years, with new innovation, infrastructure, dedication, best technology backed by Ease of Doing Business for the investors.
Separately, the Odisha government convened the meetings of its Agriculture Cabinet and Heritage Cabinet.
The agricultural package declared by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in response to Covid-19 pandemic has benefited 8.15 lakh farmers. An extensive verification process was started in August, 2019, along with grievance redressal mechanism which was opened on KALIA Portal with simultaneous field and State level verification to facilitate addressing the grievances of existing beneficiaries in the database as well as inviting new applications, so that no one will be deprived of getting KALIA assistance, which is still continuing.
At present, 55.29 lakh beneficiaries are eligible for getting KALIA assistance. It is also programmed to implement the KALIA Scholarship Programme for the children of KALIA beneficiaries on a common scholarship Platform.
Written By: Dibyajit Sahu
Image source: Google