Sawan: Sawan Shivratri has a special significance among Hindus. Shivratri, which falls in the month of sawan is called Sawan Shivratri. The whole sawan month is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Shiva is worshipped during this month. Sawan Shivratri is considered to be an auspicious festival celebrated across the country.
Sawan Shivratri is observed in Krishna Paksha on Chaturdashi Tithi and this year sawan shivratri is being celebrated Today, 26th July 2022
Chaturdashi Tithi Begins – Tuesday, 26th July, 2022 – 06:46 PM
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends – Wednesday, 27th July, 2022 – 09:71 PM
Shivratri 2022 Significance:
Sawan Shivratri is celebrated by devotees of Shiva all over India and offer prayers at various temples to please Lord Shiva and seek his blessings to live a healthy, happy and prosperous life. Unmarried girls also observe fast in Sawan month to get an ideal husband like Lord Shiva. There are total 12 famous Jyotirlinga in India, where Shivratri is celebrated with great fervor. Sawan month is famous for Kanwar Yatra and people bring Ganga Jal and offer it to Lord Shiva on the day of Shivratri.
Rituals for Shivratri
1. People wake up early in the morning, take a holy bath and wear clean clothes.
2. Devotees visit Lord Shiva temple and perform Jalabhishek.
3. After jalabhishek, perform Rudrabhishekam to Shivalingam with Panchamrit (mixture of Milk, Curd, Sugar, Honey and Ghee) and Ganga Jal which is most important amid chant Om Namah Shivaye.
4. People must offer white and red colour flowers, Bel Patra (11 or 21), Bhaang, Dhatura to Shiva lingam.
5. Some people even perform abhishekam with sugarcane juice.
6. Offer white sweets to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
7. Male devotees also offer Janeu to Lord Shiva.
8. Chant Maha Mrityunjay Mantra 108 times on Rudraksh rosary.
9. Recite Shiva Chalisa, Shiva Rudrashtakam and Lord Shiva Aarti.
10. Married and unmarried woman offer shringaar to Goddess Parvati for good fortune and prosperous married life.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?