June 21, 2022
The Ministry of Defence is in the talks for a week now regarding the Agnipath Scheme launched by it for the new aspiring soldiers. While the majority of the youth is happy and satisfied with the Agnipath scheme, there is a small section of the population along with the opposition political parties who have run into extreme violence for protesting against Agnipath.
However, The Ministry of Defence on Sunday said the Army aspirants who are involved in these violent protests will not be included in the Army recruitment drive. In a press conference, it said the Army aspirants will have to declare at the time of submitting the enrolment form that they didn’t take part in the Agniveer protests. Police verification will also be conducted. Those who have FIRs registered against them will be barred from the armed forces. Meanwhile, the government has released service rules as to the Agnipath scheme.
Let us know in full detail what Agnipath scheme will provide to the aspiring soldiers of the country-
- According to Agnipath rules, Army aspirants below the age of 18 will have to get the enrollment forms signed by their parents. The parents’ consent will be mandatory for those below 18. The Army aspirants who exit the service after a period of four years will forgo the right to be selected for any enrolment into the armed forces.
- The Agnipath soldiers, apart from a uniform, will wear a distinctive insignia during their service period. Agniveers will be eligible for all gallantry awards, including the Param Veer Chakra.
- The Agniveer soldiers will get an annual leave of 30 days. They can also avail sick leave on the recommendation of medical professionals.
- Those recruited under the Agnipath scheme will also be eligible for treatment at the military hospitals and CSD benefits.
- The government has made it clear that those entering the service will not be released before four years at their request.
Story By- Saayak Karmakar, Resident Editor, Interview Times
Image Source- Google
Team India is all set to play the fifth test match which was postponed last ...
Dalbir Kaur, the brave daughter of India who fought for the justice of his brother ...
Agnipath Scheme Recruitment 2022 Registration: The Air Force recently released a detailed notification that lists ...