Amidst the outbreak of COVID-19 crises, the Odisha government has issued an advisory on the workplace to manage the workplace once a positive case is reported in the government offices.
This action was taken after some of the government employees were tested positive for Coronavirus at Lok Seva Bhawan (Secretariat). In the letter issued by the General Administration and Public Grievance Department, it is stated that in any COVID-19 positive case is reported then an advisory has been set up for government offices in consultation with Health and Family Welfare Department. The entire office buildings will be closed for 48 hours in case of any virus outbreak.
Immediate isolation of person to Home isolation/ COVID treatment facility as per protocol (Contact BMC control room/ ADUPHO cell number: 9937 549932/1929)
2. Contact tracing (By Rapid Response Team of BMC)
3. Quarantine of contacts as per category (High risk/ low risk)
4. Management of contacts as per guideline. The responsibility will lie with BMC Control Room/ADUPHO who can be contacted at 9937549932/1929.
5. Workplace disinfection as per guideline of disinfection of common public places including offices.
6) Closure of the workplace: if there are one or two cases reported, places/ areas visited by the patient in the past 48 hours will be closed/sealed for entry. There is no need to close the entire office building/halt work in other areas of the office. The work can be resumed after following the laid down disinfection protocol as attached (closing down for a minimum of 24 hours after disinfection).
7. However, if there is a large outbreak, the entire building has to be closed for 48 hours after thorough disinfection.
8. All the staff will work from home, till the building is adequately disinfected and is declared fit for reoccupation.
9. The use of face mask, frequent hand washing, and social distancing are to be rigorously followed.
10. Disinfection to be undertaken with particular attention to high contact and highly visited areas
11. The equipment and furniture used by the person(s) need to be thoroughly disinfected
12. Other employees on resuming duties should adopt proper workplace protocol and personal hygiene
Article Written by Dikhya Mohanty
Image Source: Google