March 09, 2022
The Cabinet Minsitry of India headed by the honorable Prime Minsiter of our country Shri Narendra Modi has given nod to the establishment of Global Centre of Traditional medicine in association with WHO in Gujarat. WHO GCTM will be operated from Jamnagar Gujarat, after the host country India signed an agreement with World Health Organization. (WHO)
The WHO GCTM will be established in Jamnagar under the Ministry of AYUSH. This would be the first and only global outposted Centre (office) for traditional medicine across the globe.
- to position AYUSH systems across the globe.
- to provide leadership on global health matters pertaining to traditional medicine.
- To ensure quality, safety and efficacy, accessibility and rational use of traditional medicine.
- To develop norms, standards, and guidelines in relevant technical areas, tools and methodologies, for collecting data undertaking analytics, and assess impact. Envisage WHO TM Informatics centre creating a collaborative of existing TM Data banks, virtual libraries, and academic and research institutes.
- To develop specific capacity building and training programmes in the areas of relevance to the objectives and conduct training programmes in campus, residential, or web-based, and through partnerships with the WHO Academy and other strategic partners.
Story By- Saayak Karmakar, Resident Editor, Interview Times
Image Source- Google
How to handle irregularities in Essay Writing There is no doubt about the importance ...