The State Bank of India (SBI) has warned its customers of fraudulent activities and has advised them to follow a safety tip to ensure that their personal and financial details remain safe.
According to the report, this has come after many monetary institutions were affected by online fraud as fraudsters are on the lookout for vulnerable people who can be duped.
The report further stated that the bank warned the customers regarding false apps that could lead to massive losses if installed without due verification. While tweeting, SBI stated- “Your Safety is our Priority! Here’s a quick security tip that could save you from losing personal/financial data! Download apps only from verified sources. Do not download any app on the advice of unknown persons.
Further, the bank informed that it is possible that messages including OTP, PIN, CVV may be read remotely. SBI has also offered a useful tip for its customers which says that “Download Apps only from verified sources. Do not download any app on the advice of unknown persons.”
Safety Tips SBI Customers Must Follow:
- Do not share your confidential details like your date of birth, debit or credit card details, internet user id and password.
- Beware of persons calling in disguise of officials from SBI, RBI, government office, or KYC authority.
- Avoid clicking attachments in emails from unknown sources.
- Avoid downloading apps from unknown sources.
- Customers are requested to follow this tip to avoid getting conned by fraudsters by losing personal and financial data.
- Earlier, to the bank had warned its customers about the QR code-related fraud where somebody is offering you money by asking you to scan QR Code.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?