Following their safe arrival from the violently divided Sudan as a result of Operation Kaveri, six people from Odisha thanked God and the Indian government. The returnees, who are from the districts of Khurda, Balasore, Bhadrak, and Jagatsinghpur, told the reporters their terrifying tales as they touched down at the Biju Patnaik International Airport here on Friday. They said that the paramilitary soldiers took all of their food, cash, and mobile phones at gunpoint while also taking all of their belongings. They were evacuated aboard a ship operated by the Indian Navy to Saudi Arabia with assistance from the Indian Embassy, and from there they were flown back to India.
According to Pabitra Mohan Pradhan, a returnee from the Ganjam district, they arrived in Bhubaneswar after arriving in Delhi with the assistance of the Odisha government. Pradhan said that he was residing in the heavily bombed and shot-up part of the war-torn Khartoum. “The assault started on April 15.” Our stay there lasted until April 24. We would have perished if we had remained there for one or two more days, he claimed. Another returnee, Amar Kumar Bal, stated, “The paramilitary troops damaged our Indian canteen at our workplace and stole all of my money and cell phone. Around our company, there were explosions all over the place. For nine days, we were unable to sleep due to our extreme fear.
Since 2017, I have been residing there. There have previously been clashes between the army and a paramilitary organization. But they weren’t as bad as the present one,” he said. Another returnee, Basant Kumar Mishra, described his terrifying experience, saying that he and the other workers from his firm were plundered under threat of violence. “We spent around nine hours being held at gunpoint. Our possessions were all stolen. We might be able to call the Indian Embassy in Sudan and perhaps spare our lives, Mishra remarked.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?