Home Odisha Tata Power Takes Over Power Distribution In WESCO & SOUTHCO Odisha

Tata Power Takes Over Power Distribution In WESCO & SOUTHCO Odisha

230
0

Tata Power announced that it has taken over the administration and operation of Odisha’s power distribution utilities WESCO and SOUTHCO in completion of the sale process.

As per the reports now with the announcement, under the company name- Western Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPWODL) and TP Southern Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPSODL), WESCO and SOUTHCO will now operate respectively.

The Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC), issued an order where Tata power endures around 51 percent of the equity with administrators’ control. Meanwhile, the state owned GRINDO will take the remaining 49 percent equity stake in the company.

The division and retail supply of electricity in all the five circles of WESCO incorporating 2 million consumers with the annual input energy of 7520 MUs in Rourkela, Burla, Bhawanipatna, Bolangir, and Bargarh area will be taken care of by TPWODL. And for the distribution of 2.3 million consumers with an average input of 3,470 MUs and retail supply of electricity in six circles of SOUTHCO in areas of Ganjam City, Berhampur, Aksa, Bhanjannagar, Jeypore, and Rayagada will come under the obligation of TPSODL.

Tata Power Takes Over Power Distribution In WESCO & SOUTHCO Odisha 1
Pic Courtesy : Google

With the takeover, the company’s distribution circle will also extend to the western (TPWODL) and southern part (TPSODL) of Odisha with a geographical spread of more than 47,000 sq km each.  For more than 100000 CKT kms each will be controlled by the company and it will have a license period of 25 years.

Even the two additional distribution utilities, Tata Power develops its consumer base to 9.5 million from the current base of 5.2 million across Mumbai, New Delhi, the central part of Odisha, and Ajmer.

News Source- IANS

Image Source- Google